Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Finally got my 2007 Subaru Legacy GT tuned!

I went up to Fontana this past weekend to get Infamous1 from legacygt.com to tune my car. It was a long drive so I figure I might as well bring Trixie with me.



I left around 8am and was up there for a 10am tuning session. Shamar got started right away and after some setup we went out for our first data logging runs.


After a few good pulls (for the car at the time) we needed to find a wifi hot spot to download things to the laptop and start the tuning process. So I whip out my nifty G1 from T-mobile and fire up a wifi hot spot under a nice palm tree in the commercial district on a saturday.


I think Trixie was the most excited about this convenience provided by my G1 and the xda community.




After some a while the conversions were done. We went for a few more pulls on the road and Shamar did some final tweaking and tuning. Then we went back to hookup the wideband to make sure the K&N intake was properly tuned. One thing to note, he mentioned that the 07+ has a much more consistent boost which makes him job much easier. Across the broad, from the feedback I got he seemed to prefer my turbo, score 1 for the black sheep of the LGT generations!


Anyways, after about 2.5 hours we were done and I was on my way home. I have been trying since then to get the CEL I used to get (IIRC P0244) with no luck and my car pulls like a Tug of War champion on steroids so I am extatic with the results. I just wish I would have done it sooner.

Thank you Shamar and thank you xda-developers.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment